A long line formed outside the door of the fitness room. With yoga mats in arms, the group whispered excitedly to each other as they waited for the teacher to usher them into class. It took a couple of seconds for it to register, they were all waiting for me and my class and what God would reveal through it.
“When the deepest part of you becomes engaged in what you are doing, when your activities and actions become gratifying and purposeful, when what you do serves both yourself and others, when you do not tire within but seek the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work, you are doing what you were meant to be doing.” – Gary Zukav
Life Like Yoga
Yoga is good physical fitness, but it is the mind is where all yoga postures begin and expand. In my classes, I usually start the session by having my people center their mind and set an intention for their class. We start simple, focusing on sustaining deep and resourceful breathing. From there, we can move on to more specific intentions like mastering a pose, healing an injury, releasing physical and emotional tension or improving flexibility and alignment.
Your intentions whether conscious or unconscious, positive or negative will prove themselves in the end, taking you in their direction. Like a signal or message transmitted from us, intentions are always being served.
Alignment – Agree With the Soul’s Wisdom
As long as your intentions are in agreement with the spiritual energy and wisdom within the soul, your intentions will have power! This energy will bring bring your desires closer to you. You’ll be surprised how much support flows to you when you bring a greater spiritual meaning to your physical experience. This invariably involves harmonizing your intentions with how you can best serve others while still being true to yourself. An authentically driven person lives in love.
Desire and Destiny
Don’t put off living. Do what makes your soul sing! Only you know what you desire more than anything else in life. Powerful actions are shaped from that knowing. As your desire is, so is your intention and your destiny.
Intention is much more powerful when it comes from a place of contentment than if it arises from a sense of lack or need. In his book, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, the Law of Intention and Desire, Deepak Chopra lays out five steps to setting powerful intentions. This is a brief summary:
- Meditation takes you beyond the ego-mind into the stillness of pure consciousness. This is the ideal state in which to plant your seeds of intention.
- After you set an intention, let it go—simply stop thinking about it. Continue this process for a few minutes after your meditation period each day.
- Stay centered, abstain from being influenced by doubt or other people’s criticisms. Your higher self knows that everything is all right and will be all right, even without knowing the timing or the details of what will happen.
- Relinquish any attachment to a specific outcome because attachment is based on fear and insecurity. Have an unquestioning belief in the power of your true self. Intend for everything to work out as it should, then let go and allow opportunities and openings to come your way.
- Your intention will set the power of the universe in motion. Trust it. Don’t listen to the voice that says that you have to be in charge or obsessively vigilant to accomplish your purpose. The outcome that you try to force may not be as good for you as the one that comes naturally. Release your intentions to bloom when the season is right.
It’s all God’s anyway. He already knows what we want and need. The Scriptures put it like this…
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” – Romans 8:28 NLT
My attention for this moment is focused on being grateful for right now, full of praise and wonder, growing more in the understanding of myself and God. I make my intentions with thankfulness, acknowledging my current blessings and what is to come, as if I am already in receipt of it.
Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
Many Blessings, Linda
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
© All Rights Reserved, Linda Eichberg – 2017